Training A Golden Retriever: 5 Top Mistakes That Novice Make During Training
Training Your Golden Retriever:
There are certain things that you want to avoid to so that you can successfully train your Golden Retriever. You want to be familiar with the many inappropriate practices that can make every dog training endeavor a failure. This way, you get to have more enjoy, fun and success when training your beloved golden retriever. Fortunately, a lot of useful online resources can help you overcome the following golden retriever training mistakes:
Here Are the Top Five Mistakes You Need to Avoid When Training Your Golden Retriever:
1. Inconsistency – You should understand that consistency is an important part of any dog training program. In fact, it is advisable that you be consistent when training your golden retriever . Otherwise, you’ll have a hard time teaching your dog all the obedience commands that you want him to master. That’s why you should do your best to not ever neglect your training sessions. Even if you train for just 5 minutes a day having your Golden Retriever sit or down while you cook or watch television. Naturally, the more consistent you are with your training, the faster and easier you can obtain the results that you want. Remember, consistency is the key.
2. Harsh punishments – Inhumane punitive measures are never effective; it won’t help you to correct bad dog behaviors such as dominance or aggression. The truth is, harsh methods of dealing with your dog’s behavior problems are only going to cause more issues. You may even end up severely offending your pet. Instead, go with positive reinforcements. Training your golden retriever through the help of treats and a great deal of positive praise can produce favorable behaviors and responses. In fact, most dogs enjoy positive training methods.
3. The use of unsuitable dog training tools or equipments – Indeed, many people face a setback in golden retriever training because they tend to go for low quality and improper training equipments. Some people think that it’s fine to use poorly made dog collars, leashes, harnesses and other tools that are generally created to make training easier and productive. However, doing so can only cause more behavior problems along the way. So, make sure you purchase and use best training tools that you can find for the best results when you train your golden retriever
4. Impatience and discipline – It isn’t really smart to get started with training your Golden Retriever if you aren’t seriously about doing the work. Remember, patience ,consistency and discipline along with a desire to have a well trained Golden Retriever. That way, you won’t end up making more mistakes or choose to employ harsh and improper training techniques later on.
5. Lack of knowledge and information – Seemingly, nothing can replace information when it come to training your Golden Retriever.
This is because the more you understand your Golden’s preferences and how to provide for them, the easier it will be to train him. Therefore, you want to get a hold of a lot of training information, build up your knowledge, then apply it. The more you train your Golden Retriever, the better you will both get. So don’t be afraid to get out there and work with your Golden Retriever to have a well manner dog that you can be proud to show off and tell other people that you train him yourself.